Thursday 27 September 2012

Just a quick one

Mark sorts the food with Mhinti











A small selection




As well as paying for transport and food for a trip to Table Mountain and an educational trip to Kirstenboch Botanical gardens, Ikhaya staff have chosen to use some of the money we raised for food parcels. These go out to some of the families who have no or very low income and/or more mouths to feed during the school holidays where Ikhaya is closed and a daily meal is not guaranteed. Parents are informed of this service at meetings but it is down to them to ask for the help. I was pleased to meet a couple of the mums today - I don't know if they knew we had been raising money for them but I was happy to receive a hug and humbled that they recognised us as people who are here to love and support their children. Anyway big love and thanks to all who have donated towards History Maker and what we're doing here x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, I'm following your blog when ever I get a chance. I enjoy reading it and can really relate to the humbling experiences you are talking about. I also liked your blog about the taxis ...very funny and knew what you were talking about as I have used them myself. I wish you guys a very blesses stay there and a safe journey when on tour to Port Elizabeth....dont stop for hitch hikers. I have visited all the places you have mentioned and I'm sure you will have a fabulous time South Africa, my real home is so richly diverse and beautiful and I'm happy you guys can experience this for yourselves. God bless you and the work you are doing there. Ps regards from all in Purple class. Sally x

    ReplyDelete